NaPoWriMo: Day 19 and Surprise
No words today. On Sunday, Brenda posted using an old prompt from 2011. It seemed a bit convoluted, but I was curious, so tried it and was amazed at the outcome. I asked her if it would be okay to use it here and she said “Go for it.” So here it is, a surprise!
Just follow the step by step instructions to the best of your ability. Play with it and have some creative fun.
1. A feeling
2. Observe the scenery of your immediate surroundings
3. Personification of an inanimate object
4. Use a metaphor
5. Spend four lines recalling a prominent memory
6. Use symbolism in a statement
7. Associate some form of weather to the feeling in #1
8. Tell a lie, about anything
9. Make a reference to a holiday or season
10. State a fact about a favorite artist or poet
11. Compare yourself to a specific piece from the artist/poet you used in #10
12. Negate the lie you told in #8, or further support or restate it
13. Describe a daydream or parts of a dream you’ve had
14. For the last two lines, refer to a vacationing location
Yes, it looks somewhat daunting, but once you get inside of the process, I’m hoping you will see its inherent rewards. Stretch, then remember to breathe.
Here’s my hope for you today:
The image is a pen and ink line weave drawing. It seemed appropriate to the task.